Lighthouse Point grid is an Opensim virtual world space for the LGBTQ+ community. If you are an LGBTQ+ or allie who is interested in building virtual communities and projects get in touch. Lighthouse Point provides the virtual space the community decides what to do with it.
It is important for LGBTQ+ people to have spaces where we can be and express ourselves without having to explain or justify ourselves. Lighthouse Point aims to a virtual safe space free from judgement.
Now that the major building and hosting of the grid are complete the following events are under development:
- A regular drop in
- Social nights
- LGBTQA+ specific regions
- LGBTQA+ awareness training and consultation
- Space for other organisations to be based on the grid
- Access to other health, social and psychological professionals and services
- LGBTQA+ focused health, social and psychological projects and initiatives (healthy lives, smoking cessation, sexual and mental health etc)
There are two ways of connecting with Lighthouse Point, with a local account or via the hypergrid:
- local grid access (invitation and recommendation) - interested individuals or groups looking for virtual space can contact me to start the discussion
- hypergrid access - the grid is always open to the hypergrid and there are 13 regions online at the moment that are publicly accessible